This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- WHO WE ARE
Art Gazette Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12304914 and registered office at 27 Page Street, London, SW1P 4JS, England.
- CONTACT DETAILS
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: Art Gazette Global Limited, 27 Page Street, London SW1P 4JS, England.
- Telephone number: [coming soon]
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. In using our website or when otherwise providing us with personal data, you agree to provide data that is accurate and current at all times and to inform us promptly if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, year of birth and current place of residence;
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers, physical address, billing address, collection and delivery address;
- Financial Data includes bank account details and VAT status and number, and any other details required for the purposes of invoicing and payment.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and details of products and services you have purchased from or supplied to us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, version and language, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while the website is actively running, and the referring website address.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by or from you, your preferences and feedback.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Biographical data (in the case of contributing artists) includes any personal information (which includes your image) you provide for the purposes of your profile displayed on the website. We may also collect your social media username.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or political opinions).
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from and about you from various sources, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may provide personal information to us via our website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply to become registered for an account on our website, apply for our products or services, provide information or documentation we have requested from you, subscribe to our publications, request marketing to be sent to you, enter into a survey or give us feedback or contact us for any other purpose.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from public sources including social media platforms. We may receive personal data about you from associate curators, if you are an artist.
- HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA AND WHY
Art Gazette will only process your personal information when we have a lawful basis to do so and in a manner that is relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
The types of lawful basis that we rely on, and the circumstances in which we do so are as follows:
- Performance of a contract: where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you apply to register with us as an artist or buyer and when we process transactions for the sale or purchase of artwork or services.
- Legitimate interests: where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those
third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example:
- when we need to manage our relationship with you including when we process a purchase or sale transaction and collect monies owed, in generating statements, invoices and other documents and in keeping our records updated.
- for purposes that are necessary for the functionality of the website and its offering, for example when we display biographies and images of artists in connection with the artwork we are displaying on the website.
- for purposes that are necessary for the running of our business, including protecting our business and this website from fraud and other illegal activities and ensuring network security, through the use of administration and IT systems and services.
- when we contact you about our products or services.
- in using data analytics to improve our website, products or services, marketing and customer relationships, to keep our website updated and relevant, and to develop our business.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: where we need to comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to. For example, in meeting our data protection obligations.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a transaction you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Consent: Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or before engaging in any publicity campaign for the promotion of the website or our business and that includes information about artists. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes indicated:
- Art Gazette (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (acting as joint controller or processor of the data) and who are based South Africa and carries out operational, marketing and administration services and functions.
- Our external third party service providers: Wow Fingers (Pty) Ltd (acting as processors), based in South Africa and who provide website development and IT services. Other third parties who provide services to our clients in connection with the artwork they buy from us.
- Our PR consultants in connection with our publicity and marketing campaigns.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK and South Africa who provide services to us.
- Collecting Societies such as DACS in the UK, if we receive a request for information from them.
- In the case of artists’ data, to clients in relation to the payment of any applicable on-sale commission or royalties that may be due to artists.
- In the case of client data, to artists in relation to the payment of any applicable on-sale commission or royalties that may be due to artists and to third party service providers in connection with a client’s request for services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We share your personal data with Art Gazette (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd) and with our website developers and managers. In these cases this will involve transferring your data outside the UK to South Africa
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring the following safeguard is implemented: where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. As data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used indefinitely in a non-identifiable way, for analysis purposes relating to our business.
Please contact us if you require further information on how long we keep your personal data.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain links to other websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices. We encourage you to check the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those other websites.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data: to request access to your personal data; to request correction of your personal data; to request erasure of your personal data; to object to processing of your personal data; to request restriction of processing your personal data; to request a transfer of your personal data; and to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please contact us. As a security measure we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests.
If at any time you have any questions or concerns relating to our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
In addition you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
Last Updated: April 2021